VOICE SYNTH 2.2 is available
We would like to thank our customers for their feedback and suggestions to make Voice Synth even better. We incorporated them in this new version:
NEW IN VERSION 2.2
• Import your own samples from MAC/PC via iTunes File Sharing
• Improved AutoPitch engine
• Dedicated sound engine on iPhone 3GS and iPod 3 for lower latency
• Easy fine-tuning of short delay times for metallic sounds
NEW IN VERSION 2.1
• Retina graphics for iPad 3
• Preset Library with over 100 factory presets and unlimited user presets
• Import/ export presets
• Extended equalizer panel with 8 quick presets and stereo VU meters
• Info center with improved news notification badge
• Fixes issue with M4A encoding on iPhone 4S and iPad 2/3
• Fixes issue with sound output becoming silent
• Fixes issue with hanging MIDI notes
• Improved noise resilience for use with noisy headsets
NEW IN VERSION 2.0
• Completely revised sound engine with 2×32 bit 44.1 kHz processing
• Improved reverb
• In-app help (in addition to in-app demo video)
• Improved recording process for samples and performances
• Performance recorder with FF/rewind/pause
• Audio copy/paste to/from iOS pasteboard
• Full MIDI support (Core, Virtual, Network) to control keyboard and effects
• Compatibility audio/MIDI via the dock connector (e.g. Alesis IO Dock, Apple Camera Connection Kit)
• Export recordings in uncompressed WAV format, and M4A format with improved compatibility (PC/iTunes/VLC)
• Export recordings to iTunes file sharing and other apps
• Multitasking support for fast app switching
• Visual sample editor to set start, end, loop and trigger method
Let us know your new wishes for the next update!
HOW DO I USE VOICE SYNTH?
For general instructions, we made a demo and tutorial video available in the “DEMO” section of this website.
HOW DO I DELETE A RECORDING?
There is no “DELETE” button. Sampler banks and tapes hold their recording until you record something else on them. If you want to delete a recording without making a new one, just make an empty recording by tapping the record button and pressing stop directly after.
MIDI CODES OVERVIEW?
I HEAR A PERMANENT LOW FREQUENCY HUM WHEN USING A HEADSET IN LIVE MODE, WHY? (HOW TO ELIMINATE HUM?)
The hum is caused by undesired feedback from the earphones to the microphone. Some headsets do not have sufficiently closed earbuds, so the sound produced is picked up again by the microphone. Some iDevices (e.g. iPad 3) have a stronger-than-average gain in the internal microphone amplifier electronics, which unfortunately cannot be adjusted in iOS settings. To eliminate the hum, lower Voice Synth’s Auto Gain setting, or use a better quality headset with less feedback from earbuds to the microphone (e.g. in-ear monitor or closed headphone)
TIPS & TRICKS: PLAY MORE CONVENIENT
• Play uninterrupted (by e.g. phone calls): turn on Airplane Mode (Settings menu in your iPhone/iPad/iPod)
• Avoid unintended iPad multi-finger suggestions when playing on the Voice Synth keyboard by turning off multi-finger gestures
on your iPad
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
• Wishlist for additional features?
Feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org